SubjectRe: [patch 07/76] NIU: Bump driver version and release date.
On 22/03/2008, David Miller <davem@davemloft.net> wrote:
> From: "Jesper Juhl" <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>
> Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 01:10:40 +0100
>

> > As I see it, this patch is quite trivial and does not fix any "real problem".
> > How come this is suitable for -stable?
> >
> > I have no objections to the patch "as such", I just don't think it
> > makes sense for -stable.
>

> It makes a difference for driver maintainers when users
> report bugs and we ask them for the version printed
> by the driver so that we know which fixes have been
> applied.

Ok, fair enough.

> You know, if people are going to be jerky about this,
> I'll just include the version bump in the actual bug
> fixes which I sometimes do anyways.
>
> Thanks for bringing this up, it's a useful use of
> everyone's time :-/

Excuse me for reading patches, trying to spot problems and thinking
about where they are applied and what rules apply etc.

--
Jesper Juhl <jesper.juhl@gmail.com>

  Last update: 2008-03-22 01:19    [W:0.114 / U:0.384 seconds]