SubjectRe: SDIO: IO-Ready Bit
On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 19:43:40 +0200
"Tomas Winkler" <tomasw@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 1:33 PM, Pierre Ossman <drzeus@drzeus.cx> wrote:
> >
> > A better approach is to simply have the drivers for your subfunctions synchronize things. Make sure noone calls sdio_enable_func() until the firmware has been loaded.
>
> This could even be done from user space in case you want to use a
> standard driver.
>
> Won't this prevent us from compiling the drivers into kernel?
> Second how this possible especially with standard driver as they are
> loaded. I know you can enforce module loading but how can you enforce
> probing order form user space?

You can tell the kernel to not automatically attach drivers to devices.
That way you can have a user space process control exactly the order
and timing of things. I haven't played around with this feature myself
though, so I can't really provide you with any good information on how
to use it. You should be able to google up something useful.

Rgds
Pierre

  Last update: 2008-03-19 23:15    [W:0.081 / U:0.032 seconds]