SubjectRe: The ext3 way of journalling
On Jan 9, 2008 12:07 AM, Tuomo Valkonen <tuomov@iki.fi> wrote:
> One should always indicate the version of software when complaining. Well,
>
> $ uname -a
> Linux noi 2.6.14 #1 PREEMPT Sun Oct 30 20:18:48 EET 2005 i686 GNU/Linux
>
> I've tried upgrading, and failed: the megatonne monolith with a gazillion
> hidden options (and totally worthless make oldconfig) is impossible to
> compile these days, and the distros' stock kernel are utter and total crap
> that load drivers in wrong order etc., and are difficult to configure
> (demanding crap that demands udev to edit their initrds). Not to even
> speak of the udev-demanding scsi-mapping insanity of SATA etc. devices
> these days.

somebody has been reading the Unix Haters Handbook...

I like that book too. In a way it a very good guideline for unix developers.

> I've had it with Linux. It's no longer for power users. It's so complex
> that it's only for idiot users that are content with the shoddy defaults,
> and (paid) developers.
>
> --
> Tuomo

I said that 2 weeks ago. And after trying out alternatives im back to linux.

But i bought the minix 3 book...

--
Lay low and nourish in obscurity

  Last update: 2008-02-08 05:19    [W:0.220 / U:0.592 seconds]