    SubjectRe: bcm43xx regression in 2.6.24 (with patch)
    Date
    On Saturday 23 February 2008 12:07:51 Ingo Molnar wrote:
    > I have to say, after having observed multiple incidents around b43 in
    > the past few months you are one of the worst driver maintainers i've
    > ever seen on lkml: you are ignoring regressions, you are frequently
    > insulting our testers and now you even have the gall to NAK a patch to

    The insults being? A few quotes, please.

    > _your own buggy driver code_ without providing an alternative fix.
    > Kudos.

    How dare can you break my kernel, yeah... . We know that.
    That my patches _fixed_ the kernel for thousands of people doesn't
    matter. What matters is the one person for whom it broke. So let's
    apply a questionable fix for it that we don't understand. Hopefully
    that fixes it and doesn't break it again for somebody else... .

    I provided an alternative fix. In my very first email.
    Ingo, if you know that this fix is right, then please sign it off
    so we can apply it.

    --
    Greetings Michael.

      Last update: 2008-02-23 17:31    [W:4.017 / U:2.036 seconds]