SubjectRe: USB regression (and other failures) in 2.6.2[45]* - mostly resolved
On 2/20/2008 2:29 PM, Alan Stern wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Feb 2008, Andrew Buehler wrote:
>
>> In other words: I don't think that's likely to be practical in the
>> present instance. If you have reason to believe otherwise (past
>> positive experience with Novell, for instance), I'd be glad to hear
>> it.
>
> Greg KH may be able to help in that respect.

I know he's in the CC:, but I'm not sure he's reading this thread, and
I'm hesitant to bother people about things out of the blue unless I have
reason to expect that it's something they're going to care about. (Just
because it's a big deal for me doesn't mean it makes one whit of
difference to anyone else, and from what little I've seen on
linux-kernel he seems to be somewhat important and fairly busy...)

>> Is there any place (aside from maybe the kernel changelog, which
>> contains a whole lot - if not several lots - of unrelated
>> information) where I could find a list of config-symbol name
>> additions, changes, deletions and meaning changes by version or by
>> date? That would at least let me build a mapping between the
>> symbols in the older config and the ones in the new one, which is
>> about where I would have to start.
>
> Not as far as I know.

Then I suppose I'm reduced to browsing the Kconfig files, reading old
changelogs, and trying a lot of different configs... thanks anyway.

--
Andrew Buehler

  Last update: 2008-02-21 17:09    [W:0.070 / U:0.448 seconds]