SubjectRe: [RFC] Documentation tree sub-directories reorg.
Date
On Tuesday 04 November 2008 17:23:45 Jonathan Corbet wrote:
> On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 14:50:36 -0800
>
> Randy Dunlap <rdunlap@xenotime.net> wrote:
> > I would like to use a few more sub-directories in the Documentation/
> > tree to try to help clean it up some. E.g., move some drivers/block/
> > doc files to Documentation/blockdev/ and move some serial/tty/chardev
> > doc files to Documentation/serial/
>
> This all makes fine sense to me, but I do wonder if we shouldn't also
> create an "obsolete" subdirectory and put some of those files there?
> For example, paride.txt starts off this way:
>
> Owing to the simplicity and near universality of the parallel port
> interface to personal computers, many external devices such as
> portable hard-disk, CD-ROM, LS-120 and tape drives use the parallel
> port to connect to their host computer.
>
> Said ports are not quite as universal as they once were.

Yeah, but the robotics guys guys love 'em as a really easy way to get
controllable pinouts from PC hardware. :)

No objection to the idea of a place to put obsolete docs,
although "deprecated" might be a better name and it seems like it relates to
feature-removal-schedule.txt somehow...

Rob

  Last update: 2008-11-07 20:17    [W:3.552 / U:0.048 seconds]