SubjectRe: Toggling GPIO at 38Khz
"Jon Smirl" <jonsmirl@gmail.com> writes:

> These are external boards people buy to use with MythTV. They are most
> commonly used on the x86, but the NSLU2 has been modified to use them
> too.
>
> The hardware can't be changed, people have bought thousands of these devices.
>
> Many people cut up a serial cable and solder it themselves...

Sure but you only need to bit-bang at 36 or so kHz while transmitting,
right? The receive side is a slow one as the receiver chip has an
integrated "demodulator".

If so then personally... I'd abandon the simple TX circuit, and use
a hardware ~36 kHz oscillator, gated by the serial output signal.
I don't think such transmitters are in thousands. Tens, maybe - the
cost of replacing/modifying them all should be insignificant. I guess
one could design and produce such a TXer in less than 20 minutes.
--
Krzysztof Halasa

  Last update: 2008-10-09 00:01    [W:0.106 / U:0.148 seconds]