SubjectRe: [otus-devel] Release of Atheros 802.11n USB Linux driver
On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 4:11 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez
<lrodriguez@atheros.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 11:26:55PM -0700, Greg KH wrote:
>> >
>> > Yeah!
>> >
>> > I'll grab this and put it in drivers/staging/ so it gets some users and
>> > more developers to help out with it.
>>
>> Ok, it seems to need some basic work to merely build properly on
>> "modern" kernel versions.
>
> Yeah, it works up to 2.6.24.

This is now fixed on the master branch, also the branch "for-upstream"
does a lot of cleanup I thought you may like before stuffing it into
staging like removing all KERNEL_VERSION checks, all wireless
extensions checks, some compile warnings, removal of compat, dos2unix,
use utf-8, etc. Unfortunately this still requires a specific version
of wpa_supplicant but it seems it works. Not sure what bars you have
for staging at this point.

Will you take this in, and expect patches for fixing it to use
standard wext and also report standard wireless statistic (yeap, this
is not there yet either).

Joey is one user which reported the driver working now with the
compile fixes for newer kernels for 2.6.28-rc2 using the specific
version of wpa_supplicant for it.

Joey can you test the for-upstream branch on otus git?

Luis

  Last update: 2008-10-28 00:37    [W:0.056 / U:4.384 seconds]