SubjectRe: Adding kmap_atomic_prot_pfn
On Fri, 2008-10-24 at 09:33 +0200, Thomas Hellström wrote:
> Keith,
>
> What you actually are doing here is claiming copyright on code that
> other people have written, and tighten the export restrictions.
> kmap_atomic_prot_pfn() appeared long ago in drm git with identical code
> and purpose, but with different authors, and iounmap_atomic is identical
> to kunmap_atomic.

Yeah, I just stuck my usual license header on it and didn't think about
authorship. I'll fix that, once we figure out what the appropriate name
is.

But, as this code is clearly a trivial adaptation of the existing kernel
code, it should carry a GPLv2 license. I'm also not particular as to the
EXPORT restriction, I was just following the EXPORT advice given for the
other newly exposed kernel symbols we're using.

--
keith.packard@intel.com

  Last update: 2008-10-24 21:03    [W:0.123 / U:0.584 seconds]