SubjectRe: [PROBLEM] hard-lock with kmemtrace, relayfs, and splice
Hi Tom,

Tom Zanussi wrote:
> To me, that sounds like how it should work - if kmemtrace is disabled,
> it shouldn't be logging anything, and that's in fact what I saw when
> debugging this - it started out disabled and therefore nothing being
> logged to relay (printks confirmed that). When I wrote 1 to the enabled
> file, data started getting logged to relay and to the *.out files.
>
> So I don't know why the enabled state behaves the way it does, or if
> it's unexpected, but that anyway doesn't seem like a relay problem to
> me.

Oh, right. Looking at kmemtraced.c, we never enable kmemtrace, just
disable it (which doesn't make much sense). Bug in README or the code.
Eduard?

Btw, Tom, you can add my

Tested-by: Pekka Enberg <penberg@cs.helsinki.fi>

to your patch if you want. Are you going to send it to Andrew or do you
want me to pick it up with rest of the kmemtrace patches?

Pekka

  Last update: 2008-10-14 07:19    [W:0.079 / U:0.448 seconds]