SubjectRe: acpi-test tree on eeepc: EC error message on second resume
Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:
> On Saturday, 11 of October 2008, Alan Jenkins wrote:
>
>> Rafael J. Wysocki wrote:

>>> Not really, but is this reproducible? I mean, does it happen always on the
>>> second resume and does it happen on every next resume after the first one?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Rafael
>>>

>> Ah. No, I spoke to soon. It happened on the second resume the first
>> two times I tried it. But this third time with DEBUG enabled, it
>> happened on the first suspend/resume.
>>
>> And it doesn't happen on all subsequent resumes either. I've had one
>> suspend/resume without the error, just after a suspend/resume with the
>> error.
>>
>> So it's not deterministic, but it is easy to reproduce.
>>

> I can't reproduce this on any hardware available to me, so far.
>
> Is this related to any other problem, like things not working etc.?

Nope, just an error message. Though I do worry that "random EC
transaction aborts during resume" could hit something important
somewhere, sometime.

I think I found the problem. The "input buffer empty" wait depends on
"interrupt mode" to work properly, and we don't immediately enable the
interrupt on resume. The wait should have a polling fallback anyway, to
be consistent with the other transaction waits.

Alan

  Last update: 2008-10-11 20:17    [W:0.052 / U:0.048 seconds]