SubjectRe: [git pull] fastboot tree for v2.6.28

on 14th August you wrote:

|| Making it a config options seems a bad idea - it'll split our
|| testing/debugging space yet again. If this stuff works, then
|| everyone should be able to use it. If it doesn't work, well....

this i understood as: "if we take this stuff then it should be
always-on". [You didnt say whether we should take it though.]

> A feature like this I think should not have a config option but should
> be enabled by a boot option.
>
> We can waffle about the default setting of that option. Maybe turn it
> on for a few weeks and see what happens.

a config option is definitely useful for users and distros. Having the
boot option is a good idea. Arjan, i thought we had a fastboot=0/1 boot
option but i cannot find it - could you please add it?

Ingo

  Last update: 2008-10-11 10:31    [W:0.040 / U:0.232 seconds]