SubjectRe: Analysis of sched_mc_power_savings
* Ingo Molnar <mingo@elte.hu> [2008-01-09 12:35:07]:

> * Vaidyanathan Srinivasan <svaidy@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>
> > How do we take this technique to the next step where we can
> > consolidate short running jobs as well? Did you face any difficulty
> > biasing the CPU for short running jobs?
>
> are you sure your measurement tasks do not impact the measurement
> workload? If you use something like 'top' then try running it reniced to
> +19. (or perhaps even bound to a particular CPU, say #3, to make its
> impact isolated)

Hi Ingo,

I will watch this during the experiments. I have been using klog
application to dump relayfs data. I did run powertop and top as well,
I will bind them to certain CPUs and isolate their impact.

I believe the margin of error would be less since all the measurement
tasks sleep for long duration.

Thanks,
Vaidy

  Last update: 2008-01-09 13:25    [W:0.052 / U:0.164 seconds]