SubjectRe: Kernel Oops?
On Mon, 7 Jan 2008 17:15:01 -0600
"Stoyan Gaydarov" <stoyboyker@gmail.com> wrote:

> Today I upgraded my kernel from 2.6.23.9 to 2.6.23.12 and in the past
> 30 minutes I have had to restart my computer twice.
> I believe its a kernel oops or a kernel panic because when the
> computer freezes it blinks the caps and scroll lock LEDs.
> I don't know what is causing the problem but I am willing to help, I
> can provide you with any information you need.
> The only problem is that I don't know how to debug the system myself.
> If anyone can tell me what to do to I can do it and give back the
> information.

When the machine hangs in graphical mode its quite hard to get the data
out - one of the long term todo items is to fix that.

Boot the machine and leave it in text mode (or if it boots to graphical
mode then switch to a text console/text mode) and wait.. with "luck" it
will show the same problem in text mode and give you a meaningful screen
dump you can then write down (or grab with a digital camera)

Alan

  Last update: 2008-01-08 00:35    [W:0.095 / U:0.044 seconds]