SubjectRe: acpi/apm events as inputs: how to handle?
Dmitry Torokhov wrote:
[]
>> Well, you use event device in any case; as for finding right one - I guess
>> you look at device capabilities and filter what you need ...
>>
>> {pts/0}%
>> cat /sys/devices/LNXSYSTM:00/LNXPWRBN:00/input/input1/capabilities/key
>> 100000 0 0 0
>
> Exactly. Any driver working through evdev interface should examine
> device's capabilities and decide whether it is interested in the
> device or not.

Ok, got it.
But I can't open the device multiple times, can I?
Like, there's a daemon listening on volume up/down and other
multimedia keys for example, and it can't listen to the same
eventX as a daemon that's watching for power/sleep buttons, --
instead, they should be combined into the same executable.
Unless there's a way to multiplex the events...
(Hmm, this becoming quite... ugly. Oh well.)

By the way, where are all the capabilities of input devices
documented?

/mjt

  Last update: 2008-01-07 15:53    [W:0.037 / U:0.480 seconds]