SubjectRe: [patch 1/2] show being-loaded/being-unloaded indicator for modules
On Mon, 07 Jan 2008 11:09:23 +0100
devzero@web.de wrote:

> this looks very useful!
>
> >Unfortunatly, it's not always easy to see directly
> >which module is being loaded/unloaded from the oops itself.
>
> no wonder, as most modules seem to be very quiet on on load/unload.
>

> but i wonder if some mandatory "print a message on init/exit"
> wouldn`t give a benefit to admins or end-users, too. sure this would
> additionally clutter up syslog, but it would add transparency.

Regardless of the usefulness, really, if this would be mandatory for all modules, it should
be done in the module loader itself....
But I'm not entirely convinced how useful that is to do always, although I can see the
point of having it as debug option, similar to the initcall debug stuff...

--
If you want to reach me at my work email, use arjan@linux.intel.com
visit http://www.lesswatts.org

  Last update: 2008-01-07 15:25    [W:0.032 / U:2.620 seconds]