    SubjectRe: PATCH/RFC: bzImage payload as compressed ELF file.
    Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
    > I solved that with some linker magic. One of the things I did was get
    > rid of tools/build and did everything in the linker. And I worked out a
    > trick where you can get the setup code to refer to vmlinux's symbols
    > without actually linking it in (no, wait, was that to solve something
    > else?).

    It's also easy enough to either use objdump -h or nm to extract info
    from vmlinux; or for some of the simpler stuff, just parse the ELF
    directly (perhaps using libelf).

    There is also the -R option to ld, which imports symbols from one
    executable into another.

    -hpa

      Last update: 2008-01-29 19:11    [W:3.548 / U:0.000 seconds]