SubjectRe: Making a USB driver
Date
<posted & mailed>

Hello Jiri,

Jiri Slaby wrote:
> We usualy reply to all.

I'm sorry. I'm using Gmane to read and post to this mailing list and my
newsgroup reader doesn't reply to all by default.

> On 01/22/2008 10:03 AM, J. Pablo Fernández wrote:
>> Jiri Slaby wrote:

>>> But you didn't even mention that. Then try to search for usb ids in the
>>> tree and also in google.
>>
>> I don't have the device. Maybe I can ask the vendor for the ids? how
>> exactly should I ask?
>
> Ask for specification, otherwise you won't be able to write a driver
> anyway.

They already told me they don't even have the specification. I'm already
considering doing reverse engineering to get the information. It won't be
easy for me because I'm new to this level, but it shouldn't be very hard,
it's not a scanner or a webcam, it should be a fairly simple protocol.

Thank you.
--
J. Pablo Fernández <pupeno@pupeno.com> (http://pupeno.com)