SubjectRe: RFC: Removal of the v850 port?

Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Is anyone maintaining the v850 port in the Linux kernel or will work on
> getting it back into a usable state in the foreseeable future?

The only person I know who can maintain it is Miles.
Not sure if he is still active in this space though.

Regards
Greg

> Otherwise I'll send a patch to remove it.
>
> That's not meant personally against anyone, and it would not prevent the
> port from getting back into the kernel in the future if someone will
> start getting it back into a usable state, but in it's current state
> it is simply useless.
>
> cu
> Adrian
>

> ----- Forwarded message from Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org> -----
>
> Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2008 15:50:21 +0200
> From: Adrian Bunk <bunk@kernel.org>
> To: Miles Bader <miles@gnu.org>
> Cc: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
> Subject: Status of the v850 port?
>
> Trying to compile the v850 port brings you many compile errors, one of
> them exists since at least kernel 2.6.19.
>
> Are there any patches in some external tree that should be merged?
>
> Or will anyone work on getting this port back into a usable state in the
> forseeable future?
>
> Otherwise the only reasonable option would be to remove this port from
> the kernel sources since it is dead code.
>
> cu
> Adrian
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----

Greg Ungerer -- Chief Software Dude EMAIL: gerg@snapgear.com
Secure Computing Corporation PHONE: +61 7 3435 2888
825 Stanley St, FAX: +61 7 3891 3630
Woolloongabba, QLD, 4102, Australia WEB: http://www.SnapGear.com

  Last update: 2008-01-21 01:19    [W:0.052 / U:0.176 seconds]