SubjectRe: [RFC, PATCH, take 2] watchdog on generic gpio
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 15:03:14 +0100
Florian Fainelli <florian.fainelli@telecomint.eu> wrote:

> Le lundi 14 janvier 2008, Marc Pignat a écrit :
> > Hi Florian!
> > I understand your wish, but...
> > You told me that your plaform doesn't implement the generic gpio
> > interface (yet?), so this driver can't work for you.
>
> You understood me wrong, I told you that not all platforms, actually
> only AVR32 and ARM seem to make use of David Brownell's gpiolib, but
> the MIPS board I am working with supports the "old" generic GPIO API
> which required you to define your own wrappers for gpio_set/get_value
> and such. For both implementations the config symbol is GENERIC_GPIO,
> which can somehow be confusing.

GENERIC_GPIO means that some implementation of the generic GPIO API is
present. Gpiolib is a specific implementation of that API which
architectures may choose to utilize -- it doesn't change anything that
drivers should care about.

Haavard