    SubjectRe: [patch 1/1] Switch ioctl functions of drivers/scsi/sg.c to unlocked_ioctl

    On Thu, 2008-01-10 at 20:45 +0100, Andre Noll wrote:
    > On 20:29, Andi Kleen wrote:
    >
    > > > Sure, I can do that if James likes the idea. Since not all case
    > > > statements need the BKL, we could add it only to those for which it
    > > > isn't clear that it is unnecessary.
    > > >
    > > > And this would actually improve something.
    > >
    > > I still think it would be a good strategy to first add it to all
    > > (in a essentially nop semantics patch) and then later eliminate
    > > it from the cases that obviously don't need it.
    >
    > James, would you accept such a patch?

    Our current suspicion is that none of the SCSI ioctl paths require the
    BKL. Al Viro said he'd try to look into this, so currently I think the
    conversion path is just to move .ioctl -> .unlocked_ioctl

    However, more eyes on the problem would be most welcome.

    James

      Last update: 2008-01-10 21:13    [W:3.876 / U:0.004 seconds]