    SubjectRe: [Tech-board-discuss] Re: [Ksummit-2007-discuss] Re: Linux Foundation Technical Advisory Board Elections
    Alan Cox wrote:
    >> although I would worry about their members only being the ones voting on
    >> the TAB for no other reason than the bias toward one distro only at this
    >> point in time.
    >
    > Given the complaint was about the question of correct selection of voters
    > replacing the somewhat flawed kernel summit attendee test with a
    > completely bogus SPI membership one seems silly.

    But replacing the flawed KS list with one based on actual contributors,
    from the git logs as I proposed last week, doesn't seem silly.

    Right now it looks like we have a list of sane candidates up, which I
    certainly would be willing to vote for. However, it would be a shame
    that the credibility of the election is lost because of sticking to an
    undemocratic voting procedure. A procedure which it in fact was stated
    when the board was created last year, would be replaced this year.

    So, yes, I support Willy's motion of having it moved away from KS. I am
    less excited about SPI, but even that would be better than KS.

    Jes

      Last update: 2007-08-27 12:07    [W:7.140 / U:0.012 seconds]