SubjectRe: List stripping out cc's
Avi Kivity wrote:
> Heiko Carstens wrote:
>>> The only thing remotely relevant in the list config is that 'Filter
>>> out duplicate messages to list members (if possible)' is set as a
>>> default for new members. Maybe this means that if a cc is also part
>>> of the list, that cc is stripped (which seems a wierd
>>> implementation; I'd have expected that cc be kept and just one copy
>>> sent out).
>>>
>>> Anybody have a clue?
>>>

>> I got also removed when I was cc'ed. IIRC that started when I
>> subscribed to
>> the list. So it looks like people who are subscribed to the list get
>> removed from the cc list.
>> That's very annoying btw. ;)
>>

> I think I see what is happening. The list gets a message that you are
> copied on. It sees you have opted not to receive duplicates, it strips
> you from the cc list, since it knows that you will receive another copy
> by direct routing (outside the list).

Well, there is also /quite/ the problem with the Mail-Followup-To
header, which causes most mailers to ignore the preferences of the
community in favor of the preferences of the message author -- which
totally screws up traditional To/CC handling on LKML.

Jeff

  Last update: 2007-08-19 21:57    [W:0.048 / U:0.324 seconds]