    SubjectRe: Is it time for remove (crap) ALSA from kernel tree ?
    > I suppose the best way to provide OSS emu is to use something like
    > FUSD [similar to the OSS2JACK package] [1] to provide the OSS device
    > files and then redirect to user space, so all ALSA pcm devices can
    > be used.. Sadly FUSD doesn't really get actively developed anymore
    > it seems. And FUSE can't handle ioctls.

    Not as if it would be hard to add ioctl support to fuse. What fuse
    can't handle is the data argument of ioctl(), so the most it could do
    is give the filesystem a pid (tid) and a virtual address. The
    userspace fs could then get/put the data through /proc/<pid>/mem.

    Miklos

      Last update: 2007-06-29 17:05    [W:7.081 / U:0.400 seconds]