Krzysztof Halasa wrote:
> David Greaves <david@dgreaves.com> writes:
>
>>> How hard would it be to reprogramm the flash?
>> The flash contains hashes signed by the companies private key.
>>
>> The kernel contains the public key. It can decrypt the hashes but the
>> private key isn't available to encrypt them. So although you can put a
>> new application onto the system, you can't create a signed hash to
>> write to the flash.
>
> Then how hard would it be to reprogram the flash, to get rid of all
> this crap? Or to just put your public key there.
>
> Do they at least use BGA type of flash chips so you can't attach
> a clip and have to use something more demanding?

Stop trying to technically crack my 5-minute fag-packet design - that's easy and
boring :)

Tivo have solved this problem - use their solution - but do it on something more
general purpose.

Help fix it - the point is more "is this feasible". And if it is, "does it matter?"

David

  Last update: 2007-06-16 12:21    [W:0.779 / U:0.052 seconds]