From: Ravinandan Arakali (rarakali)
Sent: Thursday, June 14, 2007 10:02 AM
To: Linux Kernel
Subject: Question about scheduling in 2.4.20

Hi,
I have a question about scheduling latencies in 2.4.20. We are seeing
that our process (started with default priority, normal fork, exec) is
not scheduled on the CPU for 4 seconds (from our kernel traces). Is that
possible under heavy load ? We believe the process is still alive but I
wanted to know if anybody has an idea from experimental results, about
the worst case scenario.
From syscall trace, we also know that the process is not inside any
blocking system call.

Thanks,
Ravi

  Last update: 2007-06-15 20:07    [W:1.969 / U:0.144 seconds]