SubjectRe: [patch i2o 5/6] i2o_proc files permission
Alan Cox wrote:
> On Tue, 15 May 2007 16:47:05 +0400
> Vasily Averin <vvs@sw.ru> wrote:
>
>> Reading from some i2o related proc files can lead to the i2o controller hang due
>> unknown reasons. As a workaround this patch changes the permission of these
>> files to root-only accessible.
>
> I guess you have a crap controller in this case.
>
> This isn't the right fix: Detect your specific buggy control and do not
> register the problem /proc nodes for it at all.

Alan,

We have i2o on one of our testnodes: Adaptec Zero channel RAID 2010S integrated
on MSI MS-9136 motherboard and I don't have access to another i2o hardware.
Also I don't have any ideas how to detect buggy i2o node. As far as I understand
Markus is right, and i2o hardware couldn't handle received message that on the
first glance looks correctly.
From my POV it is bug in firmware and only vendor is able to fix it correctly.
My patch is not a fix but workaround only -- it just do not allow to crash the
node by any user in case when node admin due some reasons has loaded i2o_proc
module.

Thank you,
Vasily Averin

  Last update: 2007-05-16 07:01    [W:0.056 / U:0.288 seconds]