    Subjectrefcounting drivers' data structures used in sysfs buffers
    Date
    Hi,

    after a lightning bolt from high above I've been looking into refcounting
    the data structures drivers use to provide the data used to refill sysfs
    buffers. I've come to the following conclusion.

    1. struct sysfs_buffer must have a struct kref * and probably a destructor
    pointer
    2. drivers must be able to pass these pointers through an extended
    device_create_file()
    3. Drivers must use refcounting if they want to use attributes
    4. read/write/poll must do refcounting

    I am not sure where to store the pointers. struct sysfs_dirent() looks
    like the obvious choice. Comments?

    Regards
    Oliver

      Last update: 2007-03-08 14:07    [W:3.061 / U:0.916 seconds]