    SubjectRe: dst_ifdown breaks infiniband?
    > Quoting Alexey Kuznetsov <kuznet@ms2.inr.ac.ru>:
    > Subject: Re: dst_ifdown breaks infiniband?
    >
    > Hello!
    >
    > > Hmm. Something I don't understand: does the code
    > > in question not run on *each* device unregister?
    >
    > It does.
    >

    > > Why do I only see this under stress?
    >
    > You should have some referenced destination entries to trigger bad path.
    > This should happen not only under stress.
    >
    > F.e. just try to ssh to something via this device. And unregister it.
    > Seems, the crash is inevitable. If you do not see crash, I will be puzzled.

    I did this.
    What happens is:

    neigh_setup is called
    dst_ifdown changes the neigh->dev to loopback device

    But the funny thing is that this neighbour can thinkably hang
    around indefinitely now, and if it does destructor won't be called
    and there won't be a crash.

    To trigger a crash, I did simply
    ifconfig lo down; ifconfig lo 127.0.0.1

    and sure enough it crashes in drivers/infiniband/ulp/ipoib/ipoib_main.c.

    --
    MST