SubjectRe: 2.6.20 PCI Cannot allocate resource region 2
On 2/7/07, Grant Grundler <grundler@parisc-linux.org> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 06, 2007 at 03:52:47PM +0400, Manu Abraham wrote:
> > >attaching a dump of the regs (on 2.6.17.7) as well as the diff
> >
> > The device now works, used the demodulator driver alongwith the bridge
> > driver.
>
> Ok - thanks for the dmesg output and log. I suspect you've already
> tried cycling power on the machine (If not, please do).

I did power cycling on the machine .. did try pulling out the power
cord out for a while as well, to check whether it is some "fix that
just evaporated"

> I have no idea what M$ XP was doing that might "fix" the problem.
>
> I was just suspicious of our byte accesses to the same dword.
> To answer you previous question, it's possible that M$ only
> uses dword accesses. I don't know.

someone who has access to NT HAL inside ideas (maybe a too far deam) ,
could probably explain ?

> > inlined the log
>
> excellent - sounds like you are making forward progress even
> if we can not reproduce the problem...worst case other users
> (or customers) have a "work around" :^/

Sounds like a horrible workaround . :-)

I am thinking more in the direction of something wrong in the BIOS, as
that is the only dark area, where i can't see/understand anything.

regards,
manu

  Last update: 2007-02-08 06:29    [W:0.114 / U:0.776 seconds]