    SubjectRe: [RFC 0/28] Patches to pass vfsmount to LSM inode security hooks
    Date
    On Monday 05 February 2007 11:50, Chris Wright wrote:
    > This kind of change (or perhaps straight to struct path) is definitely
    > needed from AA.

    I tried struct path; in terms of code size it doesn't seem worth it. We could
    get identical code out of it as if we were passing the dentry and vfsmount
    individually, with somewhat slimmer looking interfaces, but then we'd have to
    create temporary struct path objects in a few places, and accessing either
    object would become a bit more verbose (path.dentry instead of dentry, etc.)

    See the following thread on linux-kernel, Message-ID
    200702031425.38054.agruen@suse.de:

    [RFC] Pack the vfsmount and dentry in nameidata into a struct path

    Thanks,
    Andreas

      Last update: 2007-02-06 03:33    [W:4.530 / U:0.072 seconds]