SubjectRe: libsata tests started
On 2/10/07, Alan <alan@lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk> wrote:

> Right umm "Your honor the gentleman is human, this is not acceptable" ?

Human and a looney who wishes Monty Python's Flying Circus still
existed so he could be a main character and having a great excuse to
act weird.

> Beating the crap out of it using it for real work is one excellent form
> of testing. We aren't yet at the point of only worrying about benchmark
> tuning and corner cases.

Exactly what I am doing :)
I know bonnie++ is mostly used for benchmarking, but it also is a
great tool to hammer down your hard-disks.

I also break RAID1 arrays volunteerly (spelling) and resync them to do
some stress tests on the disks, but I dont recommend others to do
these kind of tests, unless you dont worry about your data, or are a
fruitcake, like me.

Patrick

  Last update: 2007-02-10 21:35    [W:0.038 / U:0.044 seconds]