SubjectRe: [kvm-devel] Guest kernel hangs in smp kvm for older kernels prior to tsc sync cleanup
Glauber de Oliveira Costa wrote:
> Changes in rate does not sound good. It's possibly what's screwing up
> my paravirt clock implementation in smp.

You should renew the timebase on vcpu migration, and hook cpufreq so
that changes in frequency are reflected in the timebase.

> Since the host updates guest time prior to putting vcpu to run, two
> vcpus that start running at different times will have different system
> values.
>
> Now if the vcpu that started running later probes the time first,
> we'll se the time going backwards. A constant tsc rate is the only way
> around
> my limited mind sees around the problem (besides, obviously, _not_
> making the system time per-vcpu).

I tried disabling frequency scaling (rmmod acpi_cpufreq) but that didn't
help my present problems.

  Last update: 2007-12-19 16:43    [W:4.712 / U:2.056 seconds]