SubjectRe: cpuinfo_cur_freq always max
Johannes Weiner wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Stephen Clark <Stephen.Clark@seclark.us> writes:
>

>>userspace
>>

>Please supply the full dmesg output on the non-working kernel the
>corresponding .config (or /proc/config.gz).
>
>Added Dave to CC.
>
> Hannes

Duh - I rebooted into the new kernel and no longer see the behavior I
described above. Maybe I had something going in
the background i didn't realize. Thing was I even started a bash empty
while loop to see if /proc/cpuinfo speed would go
up and it did.

I have an applet that displays on my kde kicker panel that every 2
seconds reads /sys/.../cpuinfo_cur_freq and it was
sitting on the max speed all the time. Hmmm.

Well Thanks for the response and sorry for the false alarm.

Steve

--

"They that give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety." (Ben Franklin)

decreases." (Thomas Jefferson)

  Last update: 2007-12-18 22:43    [W:0.052 / U:0.576 seconds]