SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] Open-FCoE - Fibre Channel over Ethernet Project
Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> I just did a very quick glance over the tree. Some extremly highlevel
> comments to start with before actually starting the source review:

Thanks for taking a look Christoph

> - why do you need your own libcrc? lib/crc32.c has a crc32_le

We shouldn't, but we may want to add a CRC and copy routine.

> - libsa should go. Much of it is just wrappers of kernel functions
> that should be used directly. Other like that hash, even or state
> helpers might either be opencoded in the caller or made completely
> generic in lib/. Probably the former but we'll have to see.

Yes, and along with it the last use of the BSD TAILQ macros. Just
before Rob set up the open repos I finished converting most of those to
list_head, the only one left is in the sa_event mechanism. Rather than
convert it I'd like to replace the use of sa_event with notifier call
chains. I just need to finish auditing the use to make sure the
differences won't cause unexpected problems.

After than and unwrapping kernel functions, I think the only thing left
before completly removing libsa is to open code the state machines.

Similarly I think net_types.h need to go.

- Chris

  Last update: 2007-11-28 19:09    [W:1.599 / U:0.684 seconds]