SubjectRe: Laptop keyboard unusable when ACPI is active was Re: [2.6.22] i8042, ACPI, ipw2100 and issues reported by psmouse.c atkbd.c
Len Brown ha scritto:
> On Sunday 21 October 2007 05:43, legolas558@users.sourceforge.net wrote:
>> have emerged lm_sensors but can't get it running - it keeps saying "No
>> sensors found!" and complaining about kernel drivers not properly setup.
>> I have attached the output of sensors-detect, from which it seems that
>> the kernel is OK.
>>
> In this case, getting sensors installed is the opposite of what you want to do.
> The idea is to simplify the system until it works, then figure out what
> simplification made it work.
>
> ie. disable sensors entirely by building a kernel with CONFIG_HWMON=n
>
> If that makes things work, then it is a clue.
> If that was disabled already, then just keep it disabled.

It is disabled since when I abandoned the lm_sensors approach; I
remember that I did some more testing with lm_sensors and got almost all
chips identified, although didn't know how to use lm_sensors to generate
some useful logs.
I agree with you that we have to simplify the system down.
Note: when I built kernel 2.6.24-rc3 to see if it is still affected by
bug #9147, CONFIG_HWMON was enabled instead (and the problem was
verified anyway). I don't recall how that setting got enabled, however I
did not enable it manually and I was not enabling lm_sensors support.

Best regards,
--
Daniele C.