SubjectRe: Symbol links to only needed and targeted source files
Hi Sam,

You misunderstand me I think, I already using a separate output directory.
What I like to do is a separate 'source tree' with only valid files
for my configuration. In that way, when I use grep for instance,
I would only hit valid files and not 50 other files which are
not in the current build configuration.

On 1/3/07, Sam Ravnborg <sam@ravnborg.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 04:24:11PM +0100, Pelle Svensson wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I would like to set up a directory with only links to the source files
> > I use during the building of the kernel. The development ide/editor
> > will target this directory instead of main source tree. The benefit of this
> > is that I don't need to bother about files that are not included
> > by the configuration.
>
> Anohter approach would be to use a separate output directory.
> In this way you have all generated files in a separate place which
> should solve your needs.
>
> To use it do like this:
>
> make mrproper <= To get a clean starting point
> mkdir ../o
> make O=../o defconfig <= or some other config target
> cd ../o
> make
>
> Se also README.
>
> Sam

  Last update: 2007-01-03 22:17    [W:0.089 / U:0.012 seconds]