SubjectRe: [Ksummit-2006-discuss] 2007 Linux Kernel Summit
Theodore Tso wrote:
> <Footnote> FYI, the anticipated rooms costs at Cambridge will be 60-70
> pounds, and this is for single rooms with private baths --- and just
> two weeks ago I needed to tell this to sooth a worried corporate
> budget maven that combined with cheaper flights to Amsterdam and then
> flying Ryan Air to Stansted, that no really, holding a KS outside the
> North America wouldn't break their travel budget.

Well just a footnote here, but anyone doing that kind of connection for
a meeting is clearly ready for the rubber padded hospital ... but thats
besides the point here. Fact is that as long as the meeting starts
before ~ June 15 or after September 15, avoiding the peak season,
airfare aren't that bad. It's the insanity of running OLS during July
that really kicks people's travel budgets in the shins ..... Outside of
this peak season they tend to drop by 30-50%.

Jes

  Last update: 2007-01-28 05:29    [W:0.043 / U:0.204 seconds]