SubjectRe: EDAC chipkill messages
Date
Robert Hancock wrote:
> Orion Poplawski wrote:
>> Can someone please explain to me what these mean?
>>
>> EDAC k8 MC1: general bus error: participating processor(local node
>> origin), time-out(no timeout) memory transaction type(generic read),
>> mem or i/o(mem access), cache level(generic)
>> EDAC MC1: CE page 0xfbf6f, offset 0x4d0, grain 8, syndrome 0xc8f4, row
>> 1, channel 0, label "": k8_edac
>> EDAC MC1: CE - no information available: k8_edac Error Overflow set
>> EDAC k8 MC1: extended error code: ECC chipkill x4 error
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

> Sounds like you're having some memory ECC errors.. some Memtest86, etc.
> runs may be in order. You may be able to figure out from this info what
> DIMM is having the problem.

That was my assumption as well, but was hoping someone could decode the
above information and point me to the problem chip. I ran Memtest86
overnight but found no problems, but don't know if it needs to run in a
particular ECC mode.

This is a dual proc 275 system with 4 1GB DIMMs. Guessing that MC1 is
the controller on the second CPU. Would row 1 be the second DIMM?

  Last update: 2007-01-19 18:41    [W:0.046 / U:0.084 seconds]