SubjectRe: PATCH: cyber2010 framebuffer on ARM Netwinder fix...

Just wondering, did the rtc change for the arm get sent up also?

On Tue, 9 Jan 2007, Woody Suwalski wrote:

> Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>> * Stuart Anderson <anderson@netsweng.com> [2007-01-05 09:40]:
>>
>>> shark w/o any changes to the kernel. I dug a bit further, both in the
>>> driver, and in the HW spec for the shark, and discovered that the video
>>> chip on the shark is connected via the VL bus, not the PCI bus. The
>>> shark does have a VL-PCI bridge, but there doesn't seem to be anything
>>> connected to the PCI side of it (which matches what lspci says). The
>>> function containing the patch in question doesn't appear to even run on
>>> the shark (there is a VL version that is #ifdef SHARK'd), so I'd have
>>> to say the patch would have not impact on the shark.
>>>

>> OK, good news. Thanks for checking. Woody, can you submit the patch
>> (with proper intentation) to linux-fbdev-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
>>

> As suggested - I am sending this patch to fbdev-devel....
>
> The Netwinder machines with Cyber2010 crash badly when starting Xserver.
> The workaround is to disable pci burst option for this revision of video
> chip.
>
> Thanks, Woody

Stuart

Stuart R. Anderson anderson@netsweng.com
Network & Software Engineering http://www.netsweng.com/
1024D/37A79149: 0791 D3B8 9A4C 2CDC A31F
BD03 0A62 E534 37A7 9149

  Last update: 2007-01-20 03:05    [W:0.038 / U:3.936 seconds]