SubjectRe: O_DIRECT question
Roy Huang wrote:
> There is already an EMBEDDED option in config, so I think linux is
> also supporting embedded system. There are many developers working on
> embedded system runing linux. They also hope to contribute to linux,
> then other embeded developers can share it.

Yes, but we don't like to apply kernel hacks regardless if they "help"
embedded, desktop, server or anyone else.

Note that these tricks to limit file cache will only paper over the
actual issue, which is that large allocations must be contiguous and
thus subject to fragmentation on nommu kernels. The real solution to
this is simply not a kernel based one.

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.