SubjectRe: [2.6.18-rc2-mm1] libata cdroms not automounted
J.A. Magallón wrote:
> Hi...
>
> Following with my switch to libata for everything...
> After latest patches, my burner and dvd work ok, apart from the fact that
> they do not get auto-mounted in gnome environment.
> udevmonitor shows nothing when a CD is inserted.

Media insertion is not notified to user space via udev, so userspace
implement cd automount by polling. IIRC, back when libata ATAPI support
was premature, we had quite a few bug reports regarding error messages
generated by those polling activities. Maybe your distribution disabled
polling for SCSI cdroms for that reason. I seem to recollect the
polling was done by some gnome daemon, not sure which though.

My memory is a bit vague about this. Please correct me if I got
something wrong.

--
tejun