    SubjectRe: boot failure, "DWARF2 unwinder stuck at 0xc0100199"
    On Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:47:18 -0700
    "Randy.Dunlap" <rdunlap@xenotime.net> wrote:

    > > The 'stuck' unwinder issue at hand already has a fix, though planned to
    > > be merged for 2.6.19 only. The crash after switching to the legacy
    > > stack trace code is bad, though, but has little to do with the unwinder
    > > additions/changes. The way that code reads the stack is just
    > > inappropriate in contexts where things must be expected to be broken.
    >
    > "merged for 2.6.19" meaning:
    > - in (before) 2.6.19, or
    > - after 2.6.19 is released
    >
    > If "after," then it will likely need to be added to -stable also,
    > so it might as well go in "before" 2.6.19 is released.

    Precisely.

    Guys, this unwinder change has been quite problematic. We really cannot
    let this badness out into 2.6.18 - it degrades our ability to debug every
    subsystem in the entire kernel. Would marking it CONFIG_BROKEN get us back
    to 2.6.17 behaviour?

    Has anyone even tried to reproduce Bruce's crash?

    <looks>

    argh, ide-scsi. That driver's main use nowadays is for testing the
    oops-handling code. Please share .config, machine description and compiler
    versiom.

      Last update: 2006-08-22 06:25    [W:7.458 / U:0.108 seconds]