From: Arjan van de Ven [mailto:arjan@infradead.org]
Sent: Thursday, July 13, 2006 1:16 PM
To: bhuvan.kumarmital@wipro.com
Cc: linux-usb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net;
kernelnewbies-request@nl.linux.org; kernel-mentors@selenic.com;
os_drivers@osdl.org; linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org
Subject: Re: Expertise required on building code for SMP

On Thu, 2006-07-13 at 13:12 +0530, bhuvan.kumarmital@wipro.com wrote:
> We've written a device driver in linux for a pcmcia card with usb and
> serial functionality. I need to test this driver on a dual core/SMP
> machine. We work on kernel 2.6.15.4. I have recompiled this kernel
> version on my dual core machine with the CONFIG_SMP flag set during
> menuconfig.
>
> How do i ensure that my driver is making use of the SMP feature? Do
> build my driver code i have a makefile in which i use the
EXTRA_CFLAGS=
> -D__SMP__ -DCONFIG_SMP -DLINUX.

NO!

You should just use a normal KBuild makefile, and not ever add any extra
cflags....

(but you failed to provide a URL to even your Makefile but also to your
code so it's hard to give you a detailed recommendation)

-
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel"
in

  Last update: 2006-07-13 12:59    [W:0.037 / U:0.448 seconds]