SubjectRe: iptables is complaining with bogus unknown error 18446744073709551615
Thank you for your reply.

>Hi Maurice.
>
>Didn't you report this bug already to bugzilla.netfilter.org (and maybe
>eben to the bugme.osdl.org)? Reporting a bug in three distinct places,
>even though it has been replied to at one place is not really going to
>use developer resources efficiently, don't you think?

Sorry, to post it multiple times. Actually, two places netfilter and
then kernel bugzilla. I made the second report after it appeared
there'd would be no feedback to the first one and another kernel
revision had been issued with the problem still evident. (The first
feedback on the netfilter report crossed in the mail with the kernel
report.)

>However, your problem seems to be something different. I suspect that
>all rules with '-p tcp' or '-p udp' don't work, whereas others do. You
>seem to be missing the xt_tcpudp.ko module, which implements that
>feature in 2.6.17-rcX kernels.

Yep, that's it. How could one know that there is such a module called
xt_tcpudp.ko, especially since there is no corresponding config
option? Wouldn't up-to-date and complete documentation explain how to
set up the kernel config and indicate which modules should be loaded?

On the other hand, shouldn't this module be loading automatically?
--

Maurice Volaski, mvolaski@aecom.yu.edu