SubjectRe: ORMAP
John Richard Moser wrote:

> And looking through the recent discussions I see in one thread...
>
> Willy Tarreau wrote:
>

>>It depends a lot on what people do with it in fact. For instance, it
>>works better in memory-constrained systems, probably thanks to rmap.
>>I have one 2.6 running reliably on my web server (hppa) where 2.4
>>regularly oopsed because of low memory.
>

> This reminds me, what the hell ever happened to ORMAP? That object
> based rmap thingy I tried out in one of wli's patches made my system
> boot like 3 times faster. There were other cool things going on that I
> never got to try too, never saw that all out to fruition.
>
> Status on some of the elements in the old 2.6-wli series from around
> there would be nice. I'm curious as to what has gone in.

2.6 has an object based rmap system working nicely for quite
a while now (though it was probably not exactly what you saw
in the -wli tree, but a derivative).

It would be surprising if that made your system boot 3 times
faster though (unless it was on the edge of a swap storm or
something)

--
SUSE Labs, Novell Inc.