SubjectRe: [RFC, PATCH 0/24] VMI i386 Linux virtualization interface proposal
Date

On Mar 15, 2006, at 21:02 , Andrew Morton wrote:

> Joshua LeVasseur <jtl@ira.uka.de> wrote:
>>
>> As part of our pre-virtualization work, we developed a virtualization
>> solution similar to VMI. We support Xen v2 and v3 with high
>> performance. We added support for the first generation of VMI to our
>> project, and are currently adding support for the latest VMI patch.
>> Our work is open source. We'll announce when we finish the VMI
>> updates.
>
> Who is "we" and what product are you referring to?
>
> (I think an important part of this discussion is getting an
> understanding
> of which virtualisation products (current or planned) could use a
> VMI).
>
> Thanks.

This is a project at the University of Karlsruhe. The project web
page is:
http://l4ka.org/projects/virtualization/afterburn/
and there you'll find documentation and source code. The source code
supports our pre-virtualization project on L4 and Xen (and we have
some nascent implementations for Linux-as-hypervisor and Windows-as-
hypervisor). We automate the transformations to the Linux code, thus
minimizing the number of manual modifications. Due to the
similarities of our approach and VMI, our virtualization runtime
supports VMI with some minor additions.

Joshua

  Last update: 2006-03-16 01:08    [W:0.170 / U:0.308 seconds]