    Subject[RFC] vfs: cleanup of permission()

    Hi Andrew! Christoph! Al!

    after thinking some time about the oracle words
    (sent in reply to previous BME submissions) we
    (Sam and I) came to the conclusion that it would
    be a good idea to remove the nameidata introduced
    in September 2003 from the inode permission()
    checks, so that vfs_permission() can take care
    of them ...

    this is in two parts, the first one does the
    removal and the second one fixes up nfs and fuse
    by passing the relevant nd_flags via the mask

    Note: this is just a suggestion, so please let
    us know what you think

      Last update: 2006-02-28 06:28    [W:2.576 / U:0.008 seconds]