    SubjectRe: Areca RAID driver remaining items?
    Date
    Dear Arjan van de Ven,

    The following contex is coming from comment of Christoph Hellwig.

    - msi should be a module options if at all, but defintitly not
    a config options

    #ifdef CONFIG_SCSI_ARCMSR_MSI
    if (!pci_enable_msi(pci_device))
    pACB->acb_flags |= ACB_F_HAVE_MSI;
    #endif

    I make an option config for prevent some mainboards hang up if arcmsr enable
    msi function.
    Areca RAID controller is bridged hardware.
    There were a lots of mainboards had wrong IRQ routing table issue with it.
    If somebody meet this issue and people can enable msi function to fix its
    hardware bug.
    But unfortunately I found some mainboards will hang up if I always enable
    this function in my lab.
    To avoid this issue, I do an option for this case.

    But Christoph Hellwig give me comment with it.

    Best Regards
    Erich Chen