SubjectRe: ReiserFS corruption with 2.6.19 (Was 2.6.19 is not stable with SATA and should not be used by any meansis not stable with SATA and should not be used by any means)
Andrew Robinson wrote:
> When I said hibernate, I did mention it was to disk, not to ram. I
> woke my computer up from work remotely using wakeonlan. When the
> computer was responsive, I started getting I/O errors and when I saw
> my kernel log I saw file corruption problems with my "/dev/sda2"
> device (which is my root file system and is one of two, the other is
> the swap partition)

sata_nv is just now receiving suspend/resume support in devel tree.
2.6.19 sata_nv doesn't have it and STD might have worked but I wouldn't
be surprised if it doesn't work from time to time or gets broken due to
unrelated changes in kernel. So, IO errors after STD are bad but kind
of expected. I dunno what went wrong with your fs after such IO errors.
Destroyed fs after some IO errors is pretty extreme tho.

So, my 5 cents is... don't do hibernation till 2.6.20 is out.

--
tejun